Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Starting Out

I have debated for a long time whether or not to start a personal blog. There are a couple reasons for this. 1. I'm not a very good writer. When I was younger I thought I'd grow up to be a writer. I wrote comic books, poems, short stories, I even once tried to write a whole novel (I think it ended up being 150 pages or so). But as I've gotten older I find myself totally incompetent when it comes to writing, even though my dad and my sister are both mega good at it.

So there's that, but there's also the fact that I didn't have much to write about. Seth said to me the other day that this has been his worst semester. I had to agree. For seth it was very stressful, for me it was very monotonous. Seth was finishing his bfa show, working, and taking some pretty tough classes, he was also majorly sleep deprived. I on the other hand woke up to the same thing every day. It's not that I was bored, our shop has kept me extremely busy, but waking up and getting on your computer for 5 hours can get very tiresome.

Well, now we are both college graduates and I decided now is a good time to start this thing. Mostly because tomorrow at 8am we leave for Russia. We will be spending the next 3 months in Europe and I want to try to document it best I can. I'm bringing with me 3 film cameras, 12 rolls of film and 1 digital camera. I plan on posting lots of photos on my photo blog, but here I'd like to post all of our snapshots to better describe our trip. We will be spending 3 weeks in Moscow with my family, and then after that it's 2 weeks in paris, 2 weeks in amsterdam, 5 days in switzerland, and 1 month in italy.

And since a blog post is nothing without a photo, I want to share something with you that is very dear to us and has become very important in our lives.

Stuffed french toast.














Seth made this one morning and it was. amazing. I probably think about it everyday since then, even though he's only made it once. Also it tends to come up in conversation quite a bit, like, hey remember that one time you made stuffed french toast? Oh my gosh that was so good. Let's make it again.

So here's to living exciting enough lives that we have enough exciting things to write about and enough blog posts to make you totally sick of us.
Cheers.

4 comments:

  1. yay! you gotta email me too though :) i think you will, I think you will. ok I will send you info about the Almalfi coast soon. aaah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great beginning to the blog! We're so excited to see you! BTW film rolls are hard to find in Russia, if not impossible. Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be so exciting for you two! It will be a blast following along. Have a safe and fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excited to hear all about your adventures!!!!

    ReplyDelete